Thursday 10 July 2014

So... What Have I Missed?


Hello!!


Remember me? I seem to have been on a lengthy blogging hiatus due cake deadlines and really a little bit of a writer's block when it comes to my blog.

I am definitely not sorry for the amount of time I have spent making cakes - it must mean I am doing something right and it's so lovely that people would like to trust me with their cakes!

Want to see what I've been up to?


I have not been completely buried in cakes: during my absence I have also re-realised my love of cocktails and gin, and gin cocktails. I spent a lovely evening with friends in a gin bar in Newcastle called Pleased To Meet You and it was wonderful. We need to make plans to get there again. More on the doorstep, I enjoyed a couple of cocktails in Middlesbrough, one being a coffee one that promise a sexual taste and definitely delivered!



The Boyfriend and I survived the most recent series of Game of Thrones. (The ending took a bit longer to sink in to my brain than those explosive endings of the last couple of series.) We are currently ploughing our way through Breaking Bad; it's been a hard slog but I am starting to realise it's worth it!



In other news, my Mum and I have started (and since first writing this post, lapsed) a bit of a fitness kick; late nights doing cakes means late night snacking,, and being tried the next day means desperate sugar kicks. We love our treats anyway but the late nights and stress don't help! We're trying very hard to get up at 7am (because when else would we go?) to go jogging. We started off quite positive but it has fallen by the wayside recently. Let's blame the rain. We also went to Aquafit; there wasn't an old lady in sight and man, was it hard!



So that is a little bit of what I have been up to. I have over the past couple of months realised that I have missed writing for this blog so hopefully I will make more effort to fit more posts in from now on!

What's everyone else been up to?
Vicky

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Fab selection of cakes - the turtles one is all kinds of awesome! We only recently finished watching Breaking Bad - hope you're enjoying it, we were hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I am now - I was getting a bit bored during the first series but I think I am fully addicted now. Congratulations on the new house! I hope you are settling in well :) xx

      Delete